50 STATES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various comments on local issues, events, etc. going on in your home town

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Search

While swimming in a Local lake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Sweet Pee

While swimming in a Local lake Vide
PostSubject: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:04 pm

I saw a floater and made me think study
WHAT MAKES POOP FLOAT?
Surprisingly, not what you might think.

Conventional medical wisdom attributes Floaters to the amount of fat in your poop. While this IS true for certain diseases (cystic
fibrosis, celiac disease, biliary atresia, abetalipoprotenimia and a few other weird sounding illnesses), it is NOT true for your
run-of-the-mill healthy person.

Vegetarians would have you believe that the "perfect" stool (that is, one uncontaminated by the consumption of animal parts) is the
Floater. Many vegetarians have spent their entire lives in the quest to produce perfection -- when in fact no particular diet can
reliably produce Floaters. The vast majority of us bring forth Sinkers.

Sinkers really need a good P.R. person -- they have gotten a bad rap over the ages. Sure, Floaters are cute and all, but a good
solid Sinker will never let you down.

BACK TO WHAT MAKES POOP FLOAT...

Actually, it is gas that does it. Increased levels of air and gas in the poop make it less dense, and cause it to float. Simple as
that. Dietary changes can lead to an increase in the amount of gas produced by the bacteria that live in the gut, which is probably
what the vegetarians are basing their whole "perfect stool" theory on. I don't know -- the whole time I was vegan I never
consistently produced Floaters.

Then, after a couple of years, I grew disenchanted and yearned for a hamburger. And that was the end of Poonurse the Vegetarian.

WHY DOES IT MATTER?

Well, I'm a little unclear on that. It must matter greatly to a lot of people, or else they wouldn't take so much time to write to
me about it. I guess it could matter if you are worried that you are sick or something.

If you have diarrheal-esque Floaters for more than two weeks, you may have a malabsorption problem -- a dysfunction of the GI tract
that affects the body's ability to digest and absorb fat. Acute gastrointestinal infections can also result in increased gas content
in the intestines, due to rapid movement of stool through the GI tract.

SO WHAT?

So I am forced to assume that Floaters are NOT the most desirable of all stools. Sinkers are by far more common. Don't spend your
life chowing down on tofu burgers just because you think you are being cheated out of a Floater. Neither tofu burgers nor Floaters
are worth the trouble. Sinkers are our destiny.

http://www.poopreport.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.howardthedogblog.blogspot.com/
Eddie Haskell
Admin
Eddie Haskell

PostSubject: Re: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 7:32 pm

I am a bit confused confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.newtohavasu.com
PoolFun

PostSubject: Re: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake EmptySat Jun 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Why the confusion? Pretty straight forward if you ask me
Back to top Go down
secret sauce
secret sauce

PostSubject: Re: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 2:25 am

Like they say you learn something new every day
Back to top Go down
http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
Red 1221
Happy Camper
Red 1221

PostSubject: Re: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:14 pm

Very interesting. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: While swimming in a Local lake   While swimming in a Local lake Empty

Back to top Go down

While swimming in a Local lake

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
50 STATES FORUM :: wisconsin -
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com