Various comments on local issues, events, etc. going on in your home town
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Search
 

Rockford is a dumpy town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Author Message
Smitty
moderator
moderator
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 82 Location :

PostSubject: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:29 am

I was stuck there over night and it was horrible
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makebigfoottracks.com
i heart danny bonaduce
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 1 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 am

Yeah I was approached by a group of gay guys in a park bathroom...you can only imagine what happened.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddie Haskell
Admin
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 128 Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:33 am

You were there for only one night how can you say it was bad after one night there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newtohavasu.com
Smitty
moderator
moderator
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 82 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:36 am

Eddie Haskell wrote:
You were there for only one night how can you say it was bad after one night there?
The Hotel I was at was very loud and my car got broke into then I was charged way to much to fix my busted window and there are a ton of traffic lights where ever I went.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makebigfoottracks.com
Smitty
moderator
moderator
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 82 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:37 am

Oh and I also had one of the worst dinners in my entire life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makebigfoottracks.com
Chuck U. Farley
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 9 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:39 am

Im not a huge fan of illinois the state It's all dumpy...I would say lake geneva isnt bad but I wouldnt move there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chuck U. Farley
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 9 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:42 am

Rockford Illinois has several claims to fame. Here are two: the WWII-era Rockford Peaches All-American Girls Baseball League (A League of their Own) and the famous red-heeled Sock Monkey.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PackerFan08
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 15 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:45 am

Ive driven through there the roads are horrible!!!! ITs a crime you have to pay a toll to take those roads...I'd rather drive on a dirt road!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smitty
moderator
moderator
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 82 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:48 am

PackerFan08 wrote:
Ive driven through there the roads are horrible!!!! ITs a crime you have to pay a toll to take those roads...I'd rather drive on a dirt road!
Thats for sure some guy was telling me how high the Property Taxes are there you would think with all the Tax money they would have better roads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.makebigfoottracks.com
Bob Bixley
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:55 am

Its a poorly run City and the place does not like change at all it is run like its still 1974.
As the times change so does a City its to bad this one didnt and yes the roads are in very bad shape mostly because of the harsh climate
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
Red 1221
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:01 am

I went to the Doctor and he told me I have one year to live. Sad huh? You know what the Doctor told me to do?
He told me to move to Rockford and that one year will seem like 10 years lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PackerFan08
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 15 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:04 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! afro <---very popular in rockford
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pizza face
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-31 Posts : 6 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:13 am

A rockford illinois public service announcement to the black community on how to pick up chicks

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red 1221
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 am

Nice Video Pizza Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddie Haskell
Admin
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 128 Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 am

Can this place be that bad? I have never been to Rockford tell me some good things about the place
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newtohavasu.com
Plumber
Admin
avatar


Age : 40 Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 65 Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:29 am

Oh yeah it's a hell hole for sure bounce affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://50statesforum.forummotion.com
Eddie Haskell
Admin
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 128 Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 am

You guys are pretty tough on Rockford. How are jobs there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newtohavasu.com
Red 1221
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:46 am

Chuck U. Farley wrote:
Im not a huge fan of illinois the state It's all dumpy...I would say lake geneva isnt bad but I wouldnt move there.
I would move to Lake Geneva in a second. Its to bad I can't afford it.
http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red 1221
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Another question I have is why are all outlets in the Hospitals upside down? I have never seen this anywhere else
Back to top Go down
View user profile
coffeeseven
Newbie
avatar


Age : 58 Join date : 2009-01-09 Posts : 12 Location : Rockford, IL Midtown

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm

Eddie Haskell wrote:
Can this place be that bad? I have never been to Rockford tell me some good things about the place

It has a river but you can't swim in it. It has bridges that don't line up straight because the original settlers wouldn't move their street markers to mate up. It has THREE jails in the downtown. Yup great place to live.

http://www.freestateproject.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile
secret sauce
Newbie
avatar


Age : Join date : 2009-01-01 Posts : 14 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:24 pm

I use to live in Rockford and its not a good place to live. I dont miss at all. I see they just got a bunch of snow and after a snow the streets are a mess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
Eddie Haskell
Admin
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 128 Location : AZ

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Why cant you swim in the river?
Three jails? Is the crime really high?
coffeeseven wrote:
Eddie Haskell wrote:
Can this place be that bad? I have never been to Rockford tell me some good things about the place

It has a river but you can't swim in it. It has bridges that don't line up straight because the original settlers wouldn't move their street markers to mate up. It has THREE jails in the downtown. Yup great place to live.

http://www.freestateproject.org
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newtohavasu.com
coffeeseven
Newbie
avatar


Age : 58 Join date : 2009-01-09 Posts : 12 Location : Rockford, IL Midtown

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Eddie Haskell wrote:
Why cant you swim in the river?
Three jails? Is the crime really high?
coffeeseven wrote:
Eddie Haskell wrote:
Can this place be that bad? I have never been to Rockford tell me some good things about the place

It has a river but you can't swim in it. It has bridges that don't line up straight because the original settlers wouldn't move their street markers to mate up. It has THREE jails in the downtown. Yup great place to live.

http://www.freestateproject.org

I'd say crime is moderately high for a city of 150,000 people. Of course a listen to the police scanner lets you know in a hurry that most of the crime doesn't get reported on. We have a crappy (corporate out of state managed) daily newspaper and an independent free weekly that sorry to say has little content anymore.

We have three jails because the one that built in the 70's was overfilled so they renovated a vacant storefront into an overflow jail. Then an inmate sued the county over over-crowding and won so we the taxpayers had to fork over for a new jail. The county administrator is already lobbying for an expansion of the new jail and it just opened for business in 2008.

The river is not swim friendly because of the swift current and eddies. It hasn't frozen over hard enough to skate on in my lifetime because of the chemicals in it killing off the bottom vegetation and creating silting. The summers are no fun on the river because the sheriff and conservation police are constantly pulling boats over for inspections. We lost our brand new marina because the dwindling boating population hates the SS tactics on the river. We had two places to get gas on the river now we have none.

And let's not forget to appreciate the fact that there are 5 WalMarts that are within 10 miles of the city center. I liked former mayor Doug Scott's justification that parts of the city are "underserved". Okay now we're served. You should see the vacant storefronts that used to house family businesses. This city's center has a few nice spots for the after 5 crowd but 2 or 4 businesses in a city this size don;t make for a great leisure lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bob Bixley
Happy Camper
avatar


Age : Join date : 2008-12-11 Posts : 57 Location :

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:28 am

So what you are saying is that Rockford is NOT THE PLACE TO BE? No
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
coffeeseven
Newbie
avatar


Age : 58 Join date : 2009-01-09 Posts : 12 Location : Rockford, IL Midtown

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:21 am

Bob Bixley wrote:
So what you are saying is that Rockford is NOT THE PLACE TO BE? No

Not at all. It's a great place to be. Lot's of employment opportunities in law enforcement and pop and cigarette stores.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   

Back to top Go down

Rockford is a dumpy town

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
50 STATES FORUM :: illinois :: Rockford -
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum