50 STATES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various comments on local issues, events, etc. going on in your home town

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Search

Why do so many people hate Arkansas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Smitty
Smitty

Why do so many people hate Arkansas? Vide
PostSubject: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 3:10 am

I read a lot of post where people are against Arkansas and its people.
I just don't understand why. Anywhere you go you are going to find good and bad qualities and anywhere you go you are bound to find good and bad people.
Anyway with that being said I want to know why people feel this way, and what are they basing their opinions on (have they ever been here or are they just going on the never ended stereotype)? pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.makebigfoottracks.com
Eddie Haskell
Admin
Eddie Haskell

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:38 am

Not everybody hates it quite a few like it for the reasons its hated confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.newtohavasu.com
rainyday

Age : Join date : 2009-01-11 Posts : 14 Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 4:59 am

We have property in Bella Vista and plan to retire in Arkansas; there is a large group of retirees from Wisconsin in B.V. It's is a beautiful area, lakes, decent priced real estate and no state property taxes (they are assessed by the county and they are LOW compared to WI.). The NW corner of the state is very busy, one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Economically sound. Just because people have an accent, doesn't make' em a hillbilly. Personally, I don't care for Ted Kennedy's accent...Smile

alien
Back to top Go down
Sweet Pee

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:05 am

I like the Southern accent. I had no idea that there was no Property Tax I would guess thats a big reason people like it there and are moving there. How much is a plot of land going for now? Has the price dropped at all due to the bubble?
Back to top Go down
http://www.howardthedogblog.blogspot.com/
Alabama Redneck
Alabama Redneck

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 5:09 am

Yeah you can't beat a sweet southern accent, sweet tea, pecan pie, and home made wine. I tell you why so many people from california are moving to the south....It's cause You can't beat southern hospitality
Back to top Go down
rainyday

Age : Join date : 2009-01-11 Posts : 14 Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 6:09 am

Alabama, I like your pups. I have a weimie too. She's a dingbat, but she's a sweety.
Back to top Go down
Plumber
Admin
Plumber

Age : 45 Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 65 Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 1:34 am

rainyday wrote:
Alabama, I like your pups. I have a weimie too. She's a dingbat, but she's a sweety.

I would love to see pictures of your weime!! I have one as well...her picture is my avatar
Back to top Go down
https://50statesforum.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do so many people hate Arkansas?   Why do so many people hate Arkansas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do so many people hate Arkansas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
50 STATES FORUM :: arkansas :: Little Rock -
Forumotion's free forums | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com