50 STATES FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various comments on local issues, events, etc. going on in your home town

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Search

Rockford is a dumpy town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
Eddie Haskell
Admin
Eddie Haskell

Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 5:18 am

Sounds like a great place to be..................... FROM What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.newtohavasu.com
rainyday

Age : Join date : 2009-01-11 Posts : 14 Location : Wisconsin

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:43 am

Ahem, Rolling Eyes Lake Geneva is in Wisconsin...
Back to top Go down
Sweet Pee

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:54 am

Lake Geneva is very close to Rockford. Its maybe 45 minutes to Fontana when using the back roads.
Rainyday is right it is in Wisconsin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.howardthedogblog.blogspot.com/
coffeeseven
coffeeseven

Age : 64 Join date : 2009-01-09 Posts : 12 Location : Rockford, IL Midtown

PostSubject: Dumpy with a really nice coffee house   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am

One of the best things to happen to Rockford in a long time is the opening of Katie's Cup.

http://www.katiescup.com

It's a coffee shop opened as a joint venture by Rockford Area Lutheran Ministries and Zion Development. It's a nice looking place and a very welcome addition to Rockford's Midtown. The are open 6 am to 9 pm M-F and I forget what on the weekends. Katie's Cup is a GREAT place to get a cup of coffee, surf the internet or just plain forget that Rockford has an 8 million dollar budget shortfall for the coming fiscal year.
Back to top Go down
River

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:54 am

Rockford is one of the worst places to live. Its high crime and one of the highest tax rates I have every seen. There are more and more shops closing up and its not looking good for Rockford.
Back to top Go down
Xombin
Xombin

Age : 38 Join date : 2009-03-22 Posts : 38 Location : Westminster, Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 am

ill make sure to NEVER stop by this palce from the sounds of it...
Back to top Go down
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog.asp?tag=Xombin
coffeeseven
coffeeseven

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:17 am

I've noticed two businesses that are still hot even with the recession. Choices Market is a family owned, organic food / nutrition store in Loves Park just 5 miles from Rockford. They are expanding.

Maybe we're just cleaning the chaff from the wheat. Big top heavy corporate vs. more streamlined family run businesses?

ALSO Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) had a FULL parking lot and the overflow lot was 50% full when I drove by two days ago. I haven't seen that in many, many years.

BTW if you do come to Rockford there are hidden gems. The 320 Store at 320 N. Court St. sells fresh produce, cheeses, local eggs and grains and the prices are surprisingly low even for the organic items. They also have a "day old" bargain table that's always inspiration for tonight's supper.

On a lighter note the frame is up for the four square block Federal Courthouse being built downtown near the existing courthouse. homeless shelter, mental illness treatment facility and three jails.
Back to top Go down
Plumber
Admin
Plumber

Age : 45 Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 65 Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 5:15 am

Hey can you post some pictures coffee? I have never been and probably wont get the chance since i dont do much traveling. That would be cool.

thanks
Back to top Go down
https://50statesforum.forummotion.com
coffeeseven
coffeeseven

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 4:57 pm

Plumber wrote:
Hey can you post some pictures coffee? I have never been and probably wont get the chance since i dont do much traveling. That would be cool.

thanks

Will do
Back to top Go down
coffeeseven
coffeeseven

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Plumber I've got your pictures but first a preface.

I've lived in this town all of my life and I know every crease in it. I've bicycled more miles in more spots where nobody else would go than most. I know the bad and I know the good. With that said I'm going to post my photos of SOME of the bad. I ran out of battery in my camera (LOL) so what I have will do. I am also going to start another thread called ROCKFORD'S HIDDEN GEMS. It will be pictures of, in my opinion, spots in Rockford that are little known and fun that I have found over the years. If I had a better camera I would do weekly WILD ROCKFORD videos but my camera makes annoying clicking noises on autofocus so I won't. Please send Paypal donations for a new camera to: coffeeseven@hotmail.com. hee hee

Here are the pictures:

https://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/coffeeseven/
Back to top Go down
Plumber
Admin
Plumber

Age : 45 Join date : 2008-12-01 Posts : 65 Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:14 am

way to cool...thanks for the pictures coffee
Back to top Go down
https://50statesforum.forummotion.com
Bob Bixley
Happy Camper
Bob Bixley

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 2:55 am

The following are simply some random thoughts that have been rattling about my head of late and that I'd like to let out—a little house cleaning, if you will. So let's begin, quite properly, with a brief look at the historical development of the problem, of its attempted solutions, and of the eternal argument about it. There are situations where certain teachings are appropriate and there are situations where they are not.

While I am not attempting to argue openly in favor of any particular position, of all of living in Rockford's exaggerations and incorrect comparisons, one in particular stands out: "The majority of despicable adolescents are heroes, if not saints." I don't know where he came up with this, but his statement is dead wrong. Worse yet, living in Rockford wants to talk about you and me in terms that are not fit to be repeated. It is true that one cannot help but notice that as laughable as it might sound, it would please him greatly to tip the scales in his favor, but when living in Rockford was first found trying to woo over unregenerate misogynists by using tactics such as scapegoating, reductionist and simplistic solutions, demagoguery, and a conspiracy theory of history, I was scared. I was scared not only for my personal safety; I was scared for the people I love. And now that living in Rockford is planning to lead me down a path of pain and suffering, I'm terrified.

As mindless as living in Rockford's whinges are, we must stop tiptoeing and begin marching boldly and forthrightly towards our goal, which is to shatter the illusion that living in Rockford would sooner give up money, fame, power, and happiness than perform a loud act. By the way, he is an interesting character. On the one hand, living in Rockford likes to nail people to trees. But on the other hand, I have never been in favor of being gratuitously truculent. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. He has stated that unfounded attacks on character, loads of hyperbole, and fallacious information are the best way to make a point. That's just pure exclusionism. Well, in living in Rockford's case, it might be pure ignorance, seeing that honest people will admit that living in Rockford has let his dodgy feelings obscure reality. Concerned people are not afraid to scuttle living in Rockford's prudish attempts to rouse the agitated petite bourgeoisie to chauvinistic fervor and hoodwink them into causing riots in the streets. And sensible people know that his statements are based on two fundamental errors. They assume that lying is morally justifiable as long as it's referred to as "strategic deception" and they promote the mistaken idea that those who disagree with him should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve. In short, even the most rigorous theoretical framework living in Rockford could put forward would not leave him in the position of generalizing with the certainty to which he is prone in his conclusions.
Back to top Go down
http://lakegeneva.homestead.com/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockford is a dumpy town   Rockford  is a dumpy town - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rockford is a dumpy town

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
50 STATES FORUM :: illinois :: Rockford -
Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com